Monday, September 15, 2008

Swim meet


On Sunday the 14th of September I went to Whangaparoa to compete in the Coast leg of the 5 swim meets. This was only my second swim meet and I was shaking in my sneakers! I walked in to the pool and quickly made my way to the rest of the Kowhai swim club. There was only three of us competing in this round, they were Emilea and Chantalle but they were only a couple of years younger than me! My mum was there to help me with all my things and give me powerade and energy chocolate, but my little brother Finn came as well to cheer me on! The first race up was 50 backstroke I took my place on the starter and beep went the whistle as I dived in... the rest of the day for me went really fast. Overall I finished with 5 first places ,1 second and 1 third out of the nine races that I raced in. A very good result for only starting this year! By Caitlyn W

1 comment: