Friday, July 2, 2010

The Hunger Games - by Suzanne Collins


Great book - the 1st in a series (Catching Fire & Mockingjay are the other two). Set in the future at a time when the people in the Capitol are the wealthy and they control the poor in the districts who fight for survival on a daily basis. Each year a boy and girl from each district are chosen to compete in the Hunger Games - a no rules fight to be the last one standing and to bring food and wealth to your district. A strong example of the Capitol's control over the poor, and a wonderful story of a 16 year old girl, Katniss, who fights against them.

6 comments:

  1. I must read this book, as I have heard Mr M talking about it so often. It sounds as if you are all desperate to read the others in the series.
    Mrs Duffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Scott telling me about it we bought the 2 books & i have read them over the holidays, a great read looking forward to getting hold of the third 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i heard about it every day from leah and it actually scared me but am reading it now, just got to the bit where they have been put in the arena, it's weird that its like in the future but its a future thats has gone backwards ( if u know what i mean) leah reading catching fire and i will have to hurry up and read my book,

    Good stuff Gareth!!! WhATS THE NEXT SERIES

    ReplyDelete
  4. room 6 is awesome i love that book U guys were great i love ur mural u guys r nearly better than picasso lol

    we are anon but you know how we are we are actually pupils we are inside agents we might be your friends we might be your wordladder buddies we might sit to you but what ever we might be we're anonomus mwa ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am delighted that Mr M is reading high quality books to the class. As well as being a parent of one of the students in the class, I am a teacher at a high school and I have sought Mr M's advice with regard to book titles I could consider to read to one of my classes. I am pleased I did as it is going really well and we (my class and I) are enjoying the process. The Form 1 and 2 (Year 7 and 8) students at Tomarata School are lucky to have such a keen, passionate and industrious teacher. Well done to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the book. I agree with Vanessa, it's like future but not... which is intriging. Thanks Room 6 for introducing me into such an awesome series.
    OMG

    ReplyDelete